Václav JAKUBEK 12.5.1976, Married, with children
Vysoká u Havlíčkova Brodu, Czech (EU)
High school of economics (Prague, 1997)
Disney Academy – (Course, Milan, Italy 2006)
2015 – present
Leading graphic artist / Co-producer
BBG – Entertainment (Game studio Munich, GERMANY)
Art-working – All visuals, from In-game graphics, models and animations, user interface, over marketing materials, up to app-stores content.
2009 – 2018
Leading graphic designer
Offworldgames (Game studio US, CA, San Francisco)
Working on distance. Responsibility for all visual in-app assets, marketing materials …
2008 – 2009
Pixalon studio (Czech game developer based in Prague)
2000 – 2008
Leading graphic designer
WALT DISNEY COMPANY
Mobile game studio Czech (Front game developer)
Working on all stages of game developing process for more than eight years.
Art-working, modelling , In-game graphics, from models, user interface, over marketing materials, up to app-stores content, localisations. Supervising projects (Preparing timelines and road-maps. Compliance with the deadline.) Investigating trends and working on proposals of new projects.
Leading, learning and helping junior members. Conducting an interviews with the candidates.
During my time with Disney I had the distinction of working on several award winning titles.
1999 – 2000
deputy head / software department
Verlag Dashofer PRAGUE Publisher specialising on expert databases, educational videos, on-line publications, software, professional books and magazines.
Responsibility of whole content of e-publication.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Pixel and high-resolution arts, animations,
- 3D Modelling (low poly, high poly);
- Animation (bones, biped); texturing,
- User Interface,
- Concept art,
- Corporate design,
- Presentations, web-design, video/audio editing, app skinning, Scanning, Retouching,
- Knowledge of performance optimization for Apps and games graphics
- Traditional hand drawing and sketching ability.
- Storyboarding; possess the ability to take a written design brief and create storyboards that clearly communicate design directives to animators and design team members.
- Clear communication skills
- People-management skills
- Ability to manage time and resources efficiently
- Good conflict resolution and problem-solving .
- Understanding of different backgrounds when working with multicultural teams.
- Positive attitude with a problem-solving
- The ability to both take and give constructive criticism and feedback.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to multi-task and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with an eagerness to continually learn and grow.
- Opened to new ideas.
- Deep knowledge of IT – Assembling and configuration HW, installation and setting up a various software.
- Understanding basics of network infrastructures.